27/09/2007

Woopdedoo

Well, finally, Halo 3 has come. I am quite aware that this is both immensely sad and quite out of character for me, but I have been anticipating this game for years and I cannot express the sheer amount of joy I experienced when I came home yesterday to find a large, black parcel sitting in my room. I may even, although there is only circumstantial evidence, have let out a little cry of sheer happiness. Some may say that I also did a little dance. Who can tell.

What is for sure is that now I am essentially devoting myself to this game for the coming weeks. After spending several hours playing the capaign, I can safely say that this is more than I could ever have hoped for. The sheer scale and spectacle on offer is breathtaking, and the atention to detail that is prevelvant throughout the entire design is simply staggering. Old weapons and characters have been brilliantly re-imagined; every new addition fits right at home; and most importantly, it feels like Halo. Halo 2 provided more of a linear experience; Halo 3 goes back to the roots by providing large, expansive, open-ended encounters that can be replayed in a multitude of ways. And the awesomness of it all; from the part when you have an entire spaceship hover overhead, dropping off an array of heavy vehicles to the time I ran a warthog off a large steep cliff onto a scarab and proceeded to blow it up, leaping clear in the nick of time.

And that's without even getting onto the Multiplayer, Forge or the Theatre. Needless to say, my mind has well and truly been blown.





If you're sitting there reading this and wondering why the hell I'm getting so worked up about a game, I ask you merely to allow me one source of obsession. It is rare to find me quite so enthusiastic; so let me have my vice :p


On other news, I'm feeling slightly better. Going to Jess's party on the 6th, which should simulteaneously provide entertainment and many kick-myself-later moments. Ah, wonderful.
Following that, there's Adams 18th too, which should be amusing, although I think that I shall be staying away from the alcohol (being sick is never fun).

And, on that happy note, I end this post. Farewell, whoever you are.