10/10/2007

Look out, Keats

Ah, the joys of adolescent love poetry. So many cringe-worthy lines, so many complex concepts brutally chopped to fit the impromptu and rubbish rhyme scheme...

Please, never speak of this again. At least I can only go upwards from here.




Were that I was such a liar,

As to admit without impediment

The extent of my true desire.

Alas, it seems, I be not that

Instead my body is eroded long

For I remain in constant flux

'tween two conflicting sentiments.

(As do you, you alluring bitch)

Absolution is drawn away,

by those cruel tormentors of nerves and shame.

But I will never see the day

When I can speak without wrought bounds,

When I can make you understand my thoughts,

Upon that concept lies the crux.

You are the cause of all my pain.

(Yet you do not recognise it)

Hate is forceful and strong and bold.

An irony, then, that it consumes me,

Languishing in that love I hold.

A dichotomy inherent

Or so it would seem; I wish it were not.

Neglected are my wishes such,

Though you would never care to see.

(Amusing; through your rhetoric

You're correct- I am pathetic)